Thursday, March 29, 2007

Daffodils

This pic is here for 3 reasons ...( well as if you need any reasons...lol...)

- Check out http://sreescanvas.blogspot..com amazing oil paintings , and they are doing this A2Z flower fest thingy.
- Just recently saw a movie Namesake and the rendition of a poem which was so much a part of our growing up in schools. I have pen down the same for sublime enjoyment for all.
- While writing a play somebody took my character and named as " Narcissus" ( I hate you TR ...lol....)

And now the poem....here we go -

Daffodils

I WANDER'D lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;


Beside the lake, beneath the trees,

Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the Milky Way,
They stretch'd in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,

Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed -- and gazed -- but little thought

What wealth the show to me had brought:
For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,

And dances with the daffodils.

By William Wordsworth

8 comments:

Cuckoo said...

Lovely picture & equally lovely poem. :))))

Kalyan Panja said...

Lovely flowers...well captured shot!

Sigma said...

One of my all time favorite poems ... and it made me love daffodils even before I had seen a picture of one :-)

Barbara said...

I love this poem too. It comes up a lot on blogs so I think it must be a very favourite poem.
Thanks for visiting my blog and enjoying my roses.

Kunal said...

thanks for the lead!!

Lakshmi said...

Beautiful pics and thanks for posting the poem..one of my favourites

inspired said...

;o]

Yoga Gal said...

My favorite color is yellow and so are all yellow folwers! I love Daffodils! Lovely site!