Saturday, July 19, 2008

Destination -USA ,Day 1 -Kentucky (07/15-07/16)

I am in US of A , and that also for 17 long days. Not for pleasure though....its all work. However , I have been pleasantly surprised to find my trip from the start very easy and without stress. Maketh for a nice change :)
Before the trip started it was helter skeleter....I hate last minute rush....and this time it caught up with me. Some presentation was handed over to me at the last minute. Then a quick journey back to home - (I had left 1/2 packing done) throw everything in and shut the snaps. Oh boy my package weighed mere 32 kgs ........!
Well once I paid extra $$ bills at airport - journey was quite ok. I liked the crew -they were mature lot and full of humor. Sitting next to me was this little girl oh sorry correction - she told me she is *Princess**, anyways -she kept me entertained(or was she entertained -I am still wondering) till the immigration counter......and when she was not awake and slept she kicked me and punched me :)) - I am not making that up...it happened. ( Strong advise if you are not bravehearts -avoid sitting with kids....) Once you are adopted by them - no peace. And yeah you cant fake sleep.....!!
A long overlay at Chicago (around 5 1/2 hr which was killing) I landed at Lexington Kentucky. My first impression of this place was ( oh whow each house w/ swimming pool)
Lexington (Kentucky)
** Very charming place, we crossed downtown to our destination- I was invited by my clients to stay at their Guest House @ Stud Farm. Beautiful property spread over 1700 acres.......!! They gave me ** Blue Room w/ Four poster Bed** which was almost 3 ft high for me to climb. Good exercise Hop hop :)
** I quickly took my shower and then reached office to start work. In little over an hour I finished work and then was dropped back to guesthouse. I was told that I am invited by the owners for supper at 6.30 pm. It was very sweet of them to check on dietary restrictions if any !!
** So I packed my gift for the family, reached their place and was introduced to each member of the family. I was most impressed by 2 young ladies - one was just 2 year with hair like spun gold and so angelic. Very opionated -she just floored me with her answers. I think she liked me as I got a goodnight kiss from her.The other was young lady of 13 years....total gypsy and very creative. She made this carrot /orange juice ( surprisingly very good) for all of us.
I have to say that because I got to spend the time with family setting -I never felt as if I was away from India.....!!
Second day was also spent working out few things. Then it was time for me to pack my stuff and off for the airport.
***** I just have 1 pic of the place.....which I will post once I am back in India !! ThoughI cant believe that I never took out my camera. May be delayed jet leg....which actually affects your brain..... :))
Next Destination - Cleaveland -Ohio

4 comments:

humbl devil said...

guess that's a jolly good start to your journey!!!
:)
enjoy!!!

AJEYA RAO said...

Americans are very good hosts. I am glad you are recieved by a good folks. They make you feel so much at home. Your post reminded me of my first travel there.

Cuckoo said...

:)))))

If you are good & well behaved, others will also be.
But I am disappointed. :(

Where are the photos ?

Cuckoo

Bendtherulz said...

@ Humbl Devil - yup you can say that.
@ Ajeya Rao - Oh yeah , totally. I am glad and hope all good memories.
@ Cuckoo - :)) - whooo...yup you are right and i suppose I do behave well...hmmmm (sometime) he he he .
Photos unfortunately cant upload....as of now. Will do that once I am back in India. And they are not too many.....!